h1

Blog Block

November 18, 2008

Where have I been? What have I been doing? I often ask myself these very same things. The issue I run into while deployed is a sort of cycle involving my motivation and exhaustion levels. I go from being all ‘let’s do this!’ to ‘zOMG…I am le tired’. At this moment in time, I have zero motivation and am exhausted 85% of the time (the remaining 15% being the time I sleep). So, let me answer the two questions.

Where have I been? I have been here the whole time! I haven’t left or anything. In fact, I barely travel more than 100 feet a day. My posting on blogs/forums has been non-existent, but I do still read them.

What have I been doing? I pretty much get off work, work out, take a shower, talk to my better half, and watch a movie and pass out for 12 hours. Yep…wow. I then wake up, hygiene it up, go to work, and do it all over again. I define repetitive and mundane.

This downside usually lasts two or three weeks, and this is the fourth time it has happened this deployment, so hopefully, it is the last time. Unfortunately, I still have at least a week left. I apologize for my lackluster blog during this craptastic time, but I assure you it will pick up soon and more so when I am home.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: